Why Our Church
MFM was founded in July 1989 at the home of Dr. D. K. Olukoya in Lagos, Nigeria with 25 people at the first service. The Church later moved to No. 60, Old Yaba Road, Ebute-Metta Lagos and finally to the present Headquarters site on 24th April 1994.
At MFM, aggressive prayer is considered as an aid to spiritual focus and a check against being overwhelmed by the flesh. At MFM Prayer City, prayer goes on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, non-stop.
By the Grace and Power of God, 28 brethern started a small fellowship & prayer group on May 24th 2012 at 12015 Sulfolk Terrace Rd, Gaithersburg, Md 20878.
The Group was officially named Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries-Rockville, Maryland on June 3rd 2012 when it became a branch and moved to Maryvale Elem School,1000 1st st, Rockville, MD 20850. She had her first sunday service same day greeted by the move of God with 82 members in attendance sparkling the birth of a branch that stands for freedom and power for community revival.
Since then ,the branch has increased in spiritual gains and numeric strength both in workers and members to the glory of God.
To her achievements,MFM Rockville (House of Freedom & Power) strongly promotes the 3Ms of MFM (Mission,Marketing & Moltivation) as directed by our blessed father in the lord Dr D.K.Olukoya-General Overseer-MFM Worldwide.
Through these operations,the branch has established several departments and also involved in great crusades/deliverances and community revival programmes promoting the 3 fold ministry on salvation,deliverance and healing of our dear Lord Jesus Christ which relatively got the branch moving forward by fire!!!! A powerful prayerline called Rock of Ages Prayerline connects the church to other states in the U.S where many have given their lives to God & also been blessed.
Recently, The church is doing a lot in the work of aggressive evangelism and has printed over 20,000 flyers on salvation going from door to door, shop to shop, etc, propagating the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. By the grace of God,The branch has a solid music/choir team and several training exercises for this group and other departments of the branch.
We bless the name of the lord for his incontestable, unmarchable & unmerited favor shown upon us and always.Glory be to the name of the Lord.
Expecting you to catch the fire as you come…….
MFM Rockville—Moving Forward By Fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vision & Mission Statement
The following are the goals and aims of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, as handed to the General Overseer.
1. To propagate the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ all over the world.
2. To promote the revival of Apostolic signs, wonders and miracles.
3. To bring together children of God who are lost in dead churches.
4. To train believers in the art and science of spiritual warfare; thus making them an aggressive and victorious army for the Lord.
5. To train believers to receive Holy Ghost baptism and fire as well as a daily walk and relationship with the Holy Spirit.
6. To turn the joy of our enemies to sorrow. That is why we would always have a deliverance ministry wherever we are. If you do not believe in deliverance, you are not supposed to be in MFM.
7. To build an aggressive end-time army for the Lord. MFM is an end-time church where we build an aggressive end-time army for the Lord. WHAT IS AN END-TIME CHURCH?
8. An end-time church: is a church where a sinner enters with two options.He either repents or does not come back, contrary to the present day Church where sinners are comfortable and find things so easy and convenient.
9.To deliver those who have become slaves to Pastors,Prophets and Apostles.
10. To build up heavenly-bound and aggressive Christains. The priority in MFM is for people to make heaven. It is not a worldly Church.
11. To build up prayer eagles.
Statement of Belief
1 . The Scriptures are the inspired Word of God ; the only basis for our faith and fellowship.
2. The One True God, ETERNAL EXISTENT in three Persons. God The Father, God The Son and The Holy Spirit.
3. The fall and deprivation of mankind, necessitating redemption through the Blood of Jesus Christ.
4. The Salvation of Mankind is through the Redeeming Work of Jesus Christ and Regenerative Work of the Holy Spirit. Sanctification is seen as act of separation from that which is evil.
5. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit- Acts 2:4; 10:44 and 19:1
6. We believe in Restitution for past wrongs where possible.
7.The Ordinance of the Church, ego the Lord’s Supper and Water Baptism.
8. The Church Universal, both visible and invisible.
9. The Ministry, divinely called and scripturally ordained as that approved of Almighty God.
10. Divine healing as provided by the Lord Jesus Christ.
11. The Rapture ushering all believers into the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, and the second advent of the Lord Jesus Christ when He will physically land on the earth.
12. The Millennial Reign of Christ.
13. The Fire Judgment.
14. The New Heaven and Earth.